Monday, October 19, 2009

Huge Impact!

Doing the life plan was extremely influential and had a huge impact on me. God really showed up and revealed more of his purposes for my life. I surrendered a lot of areas that I had been holding onto without realizing it, which gave me such freedom. I had always been told, and knew, that God had a plan, calling, and purpose for my life. But in all honesty, it seemed like it was this abstract concept ‘out there’ that I had to somehow figure out someday. But to see it all put together, how God has given me specific gifts, abilities, and passions just made it so clear to me that God really did make me in a specific way for His particular purpose! It just became so obvious as I looked at my life and explored who I was. God wants me to know the strengths I have and why He made me the way He did. He wants me to know that calling He has, and is not trying to hide it or make it difficult to find. I was astounded at how clear He made it to me, and excited to continue to go forward. I will hold on to what I learned that day for the rest of my life. I now realize that ‘figuring out’ my calling is so much more than what occupation I should have, but it’s seeing in what way God wants me to influence the world and knowing how He prepared me to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment