Monday, October 19, 2009

Greater Confidence!

I think the biggest thing that the life plan did for me was give me greater confidence that God has given me specific gifts for specifically ordained tasks, and that I should pursue these things as much as possible. The thing we most focused on was my gifting and passion for leadership, and while I've known for a while that I like leading others, this helped me to focus more on ways in which I can lead others, and other strenths (such as harmony and competitiveness) that I can bring in and use while in a leadership position. Now I feel that I'm more aware of leadership styles and/or methods that may work for me in the future, whenever those leadership positions come.
The life plan also helped to spur me on to look more critically at my job, and to determine if it fits in with my strengths. Also deciding that I need to talk to J(my boss' boss)about my future was another great outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment